Sunday, March 17, 2013

1000 Words

Occasionally I get sent photos that are so cool I have to ask to share them. Tom Delong recently emailed me just such a pair of awesome pictures, and the neat part is that they are part of a larger story. I'll let Tom comment on them:

I thought I would throw a little nostalgia at you with a picture of my mom and dad on Woman Lake that was in one of the Minnesota Sports and Recreation magazines back in the mid-late '60s. Thought you might get a kick out of it. They didn't have all the electronics back then, just a one piece 18' cane pole to measure with and can buoys to mark the edge of the drop-off , then just troll back and forth meandering between them.

The scone photo is of my son and me from about 10-12 years ago, same lake.

Thanks, Tom! Those are some cool photos. Tom's been fishing Woman Lake for over 50 years. Thanks for sharing!

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: