Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Funhouse

The Video of the Week
From the Moron Files: Two idiots drag a shark through the streets of Miami.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Only Afford Them
OK. We often feature awesome baits on the blog, but good God man, this is one of the nicest classic pieces of tackle you're likely to run across. An honest-to-God 1870s Pat. Pend. Eagle Claw spring hook. Most people know what a geek I am for old hooks, and this is just flat out museum quality stuff here. Will someone I know please BUY THIS THING so once in my life I can hold one in my hands? I thank you in advance...


Seriously. When's the last time you've seen a Maroon dealer box for Gold Seal leaders?



This is a pretty awesome Heddon rod dealer display card.



And while you're at it, why not add this Heddon President Expert 2500 baitcasting rod as well?


Or this Heddon Deluxe Peerless 8' fly rod?


Really, now, aren't we all charmed by the Charmer Minnow?


Just gotta love the Otto Zwarg reels...


Ah, all my Texas friends will get a big smile out of this Nichols Shrimp.


In honor of Espen's awesome two-part article this week, we bring you a sweet Ambassadeur 6000.


How about a genuine pre-Civil War fishing reel marked H.K. Brown? I thought so...


Everyone loves the Meek & Milam, even people like me who can't afford them....


This is a cool rod--a Phillipson Pow'r Pak't bamboo fly rod in the tube.


A couple of people REALLY want this nice Penn Spinfisher Model 706...


Collector Note: Buy every glass-eyed Eger Dillinger like this you can find...


Speaking of Sweden, this Arjon Commander is a neat reel even if it sounds like the name of a character from a 1980s video game.


Walt & Winnie Dette flies are certainly some of the most collectable of their kind.


John G. Landman made some outstanding fly rods in his day...


Clamp Reel Alert! That is all...


I love the Pflueger Hawkeye; to me, it's one of the most beautiful of the later fly reels.


A Jim Payne 4'4" bamboo spinning rod? Talk about early ultra lights...


Wow. This Paw Paw Trout Caster is just beautiful...


This Leo Wise wiggler is a real beauty.


Who wouldn't want a 1904 Shakespeare catalog?



As always, have a safe and happy weekend, and be good to each other, and yourself.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: