Saturday, September 15, 2007

1958 Heddon Sonar Comic Book

As a weekend bonus, I thought I'd post a neat Heddon piece I found in a 1958 Heddon catalog I recently picked up. What's cool about this is that it is a comic book--and a diminutive one at that. It measures 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" square, comes in at eight pages, is printed on stock rag comic paper, and is copyrighted 1958. Its an introductory piece of advertisement for the Heddon Sonar, not the most collectable lure, I'll give you that, but a real revolution in fishing, especially for lake trout and other deep water freshwater species. Also, I believe it is one of the few 1950s Heddon lures still being manufactured today.

Does anyone know if there are any other of these little Heddon comic books out there dating from the 1950s or early 1960s?



-- Dr. Todd

1 comment:

LarryB said...

This is a great post about a very cool little piece of Fishing History. I Love this little book! LarryB