Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Funhouse

I am starting a new series of posts on the blog I am going to call "The Friday Funhouse" as it will concentrate on more entertaining subjects. Part of it will be sharing a series of links called "Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them" on eBay, which is just my series of links of interesting, cool, and bizarre live eBay auctions. I will also try to post a video of the week, although the quality of videos on YouTube and other places concerning fishing is not very good.

Video of the Week


Today, we have a very interesting video on the history of Alvey Reels from Australia, Part I.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


I love old magazines, and this is one of the better lots of Outdoor Life magazines I have seen in some time.

Has there been a nicer Spinno-Minno offered lately than this one?


One of the truly rare reels to show up on eBay is this Bryant Crestmont hinged baitcasting reel.


An extremely nice Edward vom Hofe reel reel should brings some good coin.

Own a piece of the Heddon factory board. No, its not the part with the original James Heddon frog and Moonlight Radiant.

Heddon collectors will definitely want to check this one out.



And a late addition to the Funhouse, this charming auction from one very angry woman selling her "ex-moron's" tackle boxes. Sounds like an amicable parting...breaking up is hard to do, especially if she takes your fishing gear.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: