Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Funny Thing Finding You Here...


I got an email from a friend of mine who remarked, "Hey, it was funny finding you on here! I didn't know you posted on the Fiberglass Fly Rod Board!" I had to chuckle at this. I am a (fairly) frequent posted on a lot of boards, depending on the time of year and how busy I am. I usually don't cross post them to the Fishing for History Blog because they are so specific, but it crossed my mind that two connected posts I did over on Tom Gould's Glass Fly Rod board on Hardy Fibatube Sceptre fly rods might interest a more general audience.

As my friend Buck Juhasz was intimately involved in the creation of these Hardy fly rods (sold by his Anglersmail in the 1960s and 1970s), I decided to create a post celebrating these rods. You can view the post and its replies by Clicking Here.



There was a great addendum to this post. Brilliant rodmaker Andy Manchester Jr. built me out a nine foot Hardy Sceptre, which I was able to take out with Buck on the Mad River before the season shut down. It was a good old time which you can read about by Clicking Here.

Best of all, I was able to made a video of Buckley casting a rod he helped design and spooling my Pflueger Medalist of 100 feet of Rio line. It's pretty impressive considering the weather and narrow stream we were fishing...



I love these Hardy Sceptre rods! I am only missing one size -- the elusive eight footer -- to have a complete set.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: