Thursday, July 19, 2007

24 Carrot Fishing Rods

Your future collectable has just arrived--courtesy of E21, makers of the new fishing rods known as Carrot Stix. According to an article in The Providence Journal by Tom Meade:

"Carrot Stix, the veggie-based fishing rods, won the best-in-show award at the American Sportfishing Association’s international trade show this week. The carrot-orange rods are lighter than graphite, but have more stretch to land larger fish, according to David Hepworth, a director of CelluComp, the Scottish firm that developed Curran, the new material made from vegetables."


Having been written up simultaneously in The San Diego Union-Tribune, Carrot fever began to pick up steam, and reached a mania when Ken Moran wrote up the orange rods in The New York Post. When ESPN covered Carrot Stix in a feature article, the orange casters had officially arrived.

Perhaps 100 years from now collectors will find these to be the first new collectable rods of the 21st century.

-- Dr. Todd

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do they still make one of these today? My dad loves to fish and I've been giving him fishing rods every other year for his birthdays. Well, it's the only gift he appreciates, so yeah, why not right? I don't fish so I rely on a lot of advices and reviews when it comes to buying gifts for my father. One time, I made a terrible mistake in buying a rod that was totally useless. Since then, however, I've learnt my lesson well. I photograph a lot of dad's fishing poles and compare with those in the market, LOL! This time, I saw some great reviews of custom fishing rods in this site. Take a look: http://myoutdoorslife.com/diy/custom-fishing-rods.html

brenden said...

Fishing tackle with An English manufacturer designing cutting edge fishing rods.