Thursday, May 24, 2007

Minnesota Fishing Museum

Being a native Minnesotan, I was pleased to hear of the success of the Minnesota Fishing Museum.



I am excited about hitting this museum over my fishing trip up north, and reporting back my findings. They claim to have over 9000 lures, which would make their lure collection the same size as the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward, Wisconsin.

An interesting story was run on the museum by WCCO in Minneapolis. Finding Minnesota: Minnesota Fishing Museum by Bill Hudson details the founding of this museum in Little Falls, MN--not far from Brainerd in the central part of the state.

They have some photos from their collection up on the web site.





I will give a detailed appraisal of this museum in a few weeks.

--Dr. Todd

No comments: