Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday to Fishing for History!


This past March 26th, we passed another milestone here at Fishing for History. It is now been seven years since the blog was founded, and 2500+ posts and more than a million words later, we are still chugging along, albeit a bit slower than in years past. The numbers are still good and having passed a million unique visitors a couple of years ago, we are closing in on some new milestones.



As I wrote for the fifth birthday of the blog, "I wish I had time to develop all the ideas I have for the blog, but alas, I struggle to find the time to do what I am doing right now. But I will try to keep it as fresh as I can." I still agree with this statement. I have many, many ideas for new and cool things, but time gets in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to incorporate them all before too long.

I am most proud of the fact that I went over four years without missing a post. That means creating content every single day, 365 days a year, non-stop for four years. I recently stopped trying to do that, and now get about six in a week most weeks, but even the big guy needed a regular day of rest …

The last year has seen some changes; Bill Sonnett retired from his "Deconstructing Old Ads" column after over three years at the helm, and I retired the "News of the Week" column a couple of months ago as news aggregators do a much more efficient job of finding stories about tackle

As we enter Year 8, I must give my sincere thanks to everyone who has written for the blog over the course of the past seven years. From Bill Sonnett and Jim Jordan to Elissa Ruddick and Dick Streater and everyone in between, we've been blessed with some of the brightest minds in the tackle field here. I hope to post more content from readers over the course of time in an effort to expand this roster of great minds.

Thanks to everyone who's stopped by in the past, and here's looking forward to a successful future!

-- Dr. Todd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Keep up the awesome work.