Monday, April 6, 2015

In the News ... Duane Peterson of Northland Tackle


Some new names are inducted into the Minnesota Fishing Hall of Fame … including Duane Peterson. He is one of the more underrated figures in modern tackle history, having founded Northland Tackle Co. in 1975 in Minnesota. Northland is an interesting company that innovated a lot of cool tackle over the years, but I always think fondly about them because as a precocious little kid in 1979 I used to write him letters asking him questions about tackle. He always responded. Now, I wrote a hundred letters to every tackle company I could find an address for, usually asking for catalogs and sending along a few questions. It’s surprising how few took the time to write back. So the fact Duane took the time to write a snot-nosed little kid is cool in my book.



Anyway, congrats to Duane for this honor (he was inducted into the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in 2012). And thanks for writing back to a little kid!

— Dr. Todd

2 comments:

laustan said...

I really enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors, will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. It is happened that I truly cherish
perusing this sort of articles. I don't have a clue, however I adore it.

website

summaorublogger said...

Email et mot de passe de compte Netflix gratuits 2019 [100% de travail] code netflix gratuit