Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hooked on Paper with Michael Koller: Wright & McGill Notebooks


Two men opened their own fishing tackle company in 1925 under the name of Wright & McGill. Stan Wright and Drew Mc Gill were those two men. They were located in Denver, Colorado then and the company remains headquartered there today. Most, if not all, fisherman are familiar with their fine products.
 
I don't remember when or where I picked up my first Wright Mc Gill notebook. I just know that I really liked it. The pocket sized, 3"X6", pad caught my eye because of the fishing graphic on the front of the notebook.  Besides a product graphic on the cover, each notebook has a calendar and about 15-20 blank pages for writing notes. The notebooks were perhaps included with a dealer kit for shops or were an item shops could give to customers making a purchase. I have founds notebooks with dates from 1954 through 1965.

If you have more information regarding these collectibles please write me at michaelkoller39@yahoo.com.
 












-- Michael Koller

No comments: