Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Great Duluth (MN) Flood of 2012

The Great Duluth (MN) Flood of 2012

Well, I had planned on having a lot of new content (read: fish pics) for the blog today, but the worst rain I have ever seen has thrown a wrench in the plans. The picture below was taken out my friend's car window at 12:30 am on June 20th -- it shows Superior Street in Duluth under two feet of water. It was the worst driving I've ever seen. Every street coming down the hill was at least a foot deep in water. My friend's Audi S6 V10 got so much water underneath it, it sheared off the protective plate under the carriage.



So while we "dig out" so to speak, we'll be a bit delayed on the blog.

God bless everyone (including the animals at the Duluth Zoo) affected by the terrible weather.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: