Tuesday, July 29, 2008

UPDATE: Elmer "Doll" Thomspon

Elmer "Doll" Thompson Update

A quick update on Elmer "Doll" Thompson, inventor of the Doll Fly, Top Secret, and other popular fishing lures, who passed away two weeks ago. I was contacted by one of his grandsons, John Petrone, who sent along a photo of Doll and a request. Here it the text of his email:


Vintage photograph of Elmer "Doll" Thompson, courtesy John Petrone

I hope this email finds you well. My name is John Petrone and I am Doll Thompson's grandson. I recently found your blog entry on Google. It is very kind and informative. It makes me very proud to learn more about my grandfather.

I would also like to ask a favor. My family and I have been trying to find some of Doll's flies and lures. As my grandfather got older, he either sold or gave away almost all his remaining fishing products. I would be thankful if you could add a line or two on the entry to see if anybody has any of the old flies/lures laying around that they could spare. I would be more than happy to pay for shipping. Thank you so much for your consideration.

John Petrone


Thanks to John we can now put a photo to the name Doll Thompson. John's email is jspetrone AT gmail DOT com. Someone out there has to have a doll fly or two lying around they don't need anymore.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: