Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Funhouse

The Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week

The hot weather got me thinking cool thoughts last week...this week I thought I'd continue the trend. Just watching this makes me feel cool all over!!!



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them

This is a neat Meek & Sons #3 Kentucky Style baitcaster.



I'm not usually a fan of buying empty lure boxes, but these three Salmon boxes might make me change my mind.



There are some neat fly rods on eBay this week; we start with this two-piece Leonard 6' Super Fairy Wand. They don't come shorter or rarer than these.



This Russ Peak fiberglass fly rod is one of the most coveted modern rods.



The Heddon #50 President is a fine fly rod, but certainly the subtitle is hyperbole at its highest form.



I love this Heddon Artistic Minnow #50 and casting buoy in incorrect downward leaping bass box.



A Creek Chub Injured Minnow in Gantron Fire Lacquer is a rare bird indeed.



The Evans Eagle Claw is one of the most desirable spring loaded hooks ever made.



This Bill Edwards Quadrate rod would be a great stream casting instrument.



Another nice Heddon fly rod--the Henshall Handkraft, made for Weber of Stevens Point, Wisconsin and named after the great Dr. James Henshall.



A Heddon Tiny Lucky 13 rarely breaks three figures, unless its in a color as rare as this one.



A Heddon River Runt in all red would make any runt collector's day.



An F.C. Woods Expert Minnow is a great find.



Instant collection alert: 21 different Millsite river runt knock-offs.



A Bagley Reb II is going to make some Bagley collector really, really happy.



This is a great Abbey & Imbrie "The Ghost" lure in its original box.



Shakespeare is not known for its saltwater reels, but this week a pair have attracted some attention. The first is an awesome Miller Autocrat. I wonder if it comes with the one dollar bills?


The second Shakespeare saltwater reel is this terrific Sword Fish Reel marked with a Shakespeare patent on the side plate.



-- Dr. Todd from Peoria, Illinois

No comments: