Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Funhouse

The Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week


Joe Yates sent me this video link, and I literally am at a loss for words. I have now officially seen it all. I especially like the part where he dives in with the angry marlin. Safe to say I will never be Marlin fishing from a jet ski.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


This 1994 Purple Heddon River Runt Spook Midget is attracting a lot of interest.


L&S in tough colors
continue to rise in collector interest, and prices reflect this.


Heddon plastics seem to dominate the market, but few of them are as rare as this plastic CCBC Pink Flourescent 700 Pikie.


Vom Hofe is primarily known for reels, but made many fine rods as well.


B.F. Nichols fly rods were among the best made in the 1880s, and are a bargain for a Victorian rod.


Heddon Spin Divers are some of the best made lures of any era.


Tycoon Tackle rods are extraordinary works of art that bring well in excess of four figures.


This Woods Expert would make a nice addition to any expert's Expert collection.


My favorite lure this week is this insanely neat CCBC Sure Strike 5-Hook Underwater Minnow in an incredible green scale.


A Frost store display of hair crabs is a nifty point-of-sale item.


Spinno Minnows are popular here at Fishing for History, and this one is a beauty.


Irvin Cobb's name was used not just a fly rod lure for Heddon, but also this rare baitcasting rod.


It seems weird to say, but Heddon baitcasters don't get the respect they deserve.


The Beaver Bait Co. Fighter in Frog has attracted a lot of attention.


River Runt Spooks in Cobalt Blue don't show up very often.


What could be better than a brass reel from Bangladesh?


Unless, of course, it's a reel from Bulgaria.


Oscar the Frog is always a popular collector bait.


This 1932 case of original Hardy Bros. flies is a great find.


As always, be good to each other, and yourself.

-- Dr. Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.