Friday, August 3, 2007

Review: Country Anglin' Magazine

I recently received a review copy of Country Anglin' magazine, a newspaper style journal dedicated to Ohio fishing published out of Troy, Ohio. I have always liked these specialty journals--one of my favorites has been Midwest Outdoors--and Country Anglin' fills a nifty nitch for the Ohio sportsman. The journal sports a list of prominent columnists, led by Joe Cornwall of Fly Fish Ohio On-Line.

The July/August issue I read had a fascinating article on the history of the Gibbs Reel by Cornwall which would have fit well into any fishing history magazine, and a controversial editorial by Tom Petkewitz entitled "In Defense of Repaints." While I disagreed with some of Petkewitz's views, I found the article thought-provoking. Petkewitz writes a regular column on Antique Lures and Gear for the magazine.

Country Anglin' would certainly be of great use for anyone interested in further exploring the great Buckeye outdoors.

-- Dr. Todd

Check out Country Anglin' On-Line By Clicking Here.

No comments: