Friday, March 18, 2011

The Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week

Joan Salvato Wulff fly fishing in the 1960s.



12 Things I Would Buy If Only I Could Afford Them

I like this dealer display of Pflueger Porcupine floats.


The Paulson's Combination Minnow in the box is a rare treat indeed.


This British line spool may not be in great condition, but it is from Pegley Davies. Who's Pegley Davies? No idea. I just think the name is cool.


For every 500 Hendryx reels you may find one box.


This is a wonderful and slightly melancholy letter from the great Jim Payne.


I wish I could have invested in saltwater lure futures


As long as we're investing in lure futures, I'll take a block of bass lure futures, too.


A CCBC Fly Rod Pike on the card in the box…yep, I officially love it.


A really, really, really rare Cornelius Lie 1885 spring loaded lure.


You just never see these Heddon Giant River Runts for sale.


Is this the rarest Lazy Ike around?



You won't find a cooler bait than this Clinton Wilt fishing lure.



As always, have a safe and happy weekend, and be good to each other, and yourself.

-- Dr. Todd

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pegley Davies were a trade Fishing Tackle wholesalers and manufacturers in the 1950/60/70s at Hersham in Surrey, they lost a lot of business due to the Miners strike in the 80s and eventually sold out to the East Anglian Rod Company. Many of their products especially rods are still on sale today. Their catalogue was known as the BIBLE of the trade according to Angling Times newspaper.
They sold to over 5,000 shops throughout the country and exported abroad. I know cos I worked for them.

Unknown said...

Where can i buy a top section for my pegley davis flyrod