Thursday, July 19, 2012

SNEAK PEAK

SNEAK PEAK

What did I do my first day at NFLCC Nationals? Well, I did some room trading…had a great dinner with friends…saw a lot of great fishing tackle.

And, oh yes…I got a private tour of the 1931 J.M. Keeley Car and Tackle Trailer.

Wait…what?


Yes, your intrepid fishing historian made the 15 mile trek from Fort Wayne up to Auburn, Indiana, where we were given a private tour of the astounding J.M. Keeley owned Florida tackle wholesaler's incredible combo, which has even more incredibly survived down to the present!


My friend Steve Lumpkin and I (he took these photos) got to see this rig inside and out. Many thanks to Auctions America PR man Ian Webb (Winchester, Indiana in the house) and to president Donnie Gould for giving us a personal tour.

In my opinion, this is the most historic piece of American fishing tackle history to come to market…ever.

We'll be posting LOTS more info and photos, as well as some videos, over the course of the next couple weeks. But until then, we'll leave you with this:


It was an incredible day! Check out the photos from Auction America's web site if you want a preview of what's coming up…but I warn you. It's only the tip of the iceberg!

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: