Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Jack Daniels Fishing Story

I know this is an old story but it was new to me, and made me laugh...sent in by an old Southern gentlemen friend of mine, then again by my brother-in-law.

 Jack Daniel's Fishing Story

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniel's and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in the South.


-- Dr. Todd

1 comment:

cofisher said...

I swear every word of that story is true...I love it.