Saturday, February 6, 2010

UPDATE: WHITE HOUSE TASK FORCE

UPDATE: WHITE HOUSE TASK FORCE

Many of you have written asking for an update on the White House Task Force. Well, I wish I could say it was good news but I think it's an issue we'll all want to keep up the pressure on.

For those who would like to catch up on the issue, click here.

Dave Pfeiffer of Shimano North America also sends the following note, which should bring us up to date.

I wanted to send you an update on the Ocean’s Policy Task Force issue.  Unfortunately, it has not gone away but I guess that we did not really expect that it would.  Below is an article that is being published by ESPN.  It pretty much tells the story on where things stand.  This remains a very critical issue and one that I hope anglers will not let die.  The last letter writing/e-mail campaign that you both so graciously supported really opened Congress’ eyes on this issue.  Believe it or not, many in DC did not even know this was being developed. 
 
More letters/e-mails to Congressmen and Senators will help.  I know if often seems like a fruitless effort but it is not.  This is a very real threat.  If you have it in you to pass along this update and continue to encourage anglers to take time to write I would appreciate it very much.
 
We remain very close to and involved in this matter.  Over the last few months we met with Bass Pro Shops who strongly supported getting the word out in their catalogs and with countless people in Washington.


Here is the latest letter drafted to President Obama on this issue. Dave writes "If we can get a few thousand e-mail letters off to the president on this I think it will help get his attention and let him know that we are not in favor of any sort of executive order to put this plan in place."

I encourage everyone to write their congressional representative, senator, and the president on this issue.

We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: