Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Poll: How Many Years have you Been Collecting?

Sunday Poll: How Many Years have you Been Collecting?

This was a very interesting poll. It shows that the hobby of collecting has many seasoned collectors--over 1/3 of which have been collecting 20+ years (some as long as 40). Another 40% have been at it from 10-20 years, but what was heartening to me is that 24%--one in four--have been at it less than a decade, with 10% collecting for less than 5 years. I was told by more than a few collectors that this number would be much lower. I still think we need to work harder on encouraging new collectors, and I have some ideas on how to do this I will start working on in 2009.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and please vote in the new (companion) poll!


-- Dr. Todd

No comments: